1. Tell us a bit about Horgan Associates.
Horgan Associates is a media company that creates broadcast TV and digital marketing campaigns for regional and national companies. Part of the mission of the company is to bring media instruction to inner-city children by giving them access to our Hollywood connections. A few years ago we brought a group to NYC to meet Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari.
2. What gave you the idea for
your business and how did it start?
The idea came after the sale of a medical education company I co-founded. I found there was a need for national quality film production in regional markets.
3. What’s your favorite thing
about your job?
Developing concepts for films and marketing initiatives is the best part of this job.
4. What are your keys to
making yourself productive?
I work out every idea. I believe you need to take action and get the input of other professionals when inspiration strikes. Collaboration always leads to a productive result.
5. Tell us one long-term goal
in your career.
I have a goal to create a TV series that will sell to HULU.
6. What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned through the course of your career?
People should stay in their area of expertise. Business owners are usually not marketing experts and everyone thinks they can direct a TV commercial. This is not the case. Do what you do well and stick to what you are good at.
7. What advice would you give to others aspiring to succeed in your field?
Take chances. Everyday.
8. What are your favorite
things to do outside of work?
Attending movie premieres, socializing with other professionals and playing the blues.
9. Name a few influential books you’ve read and/or websites you keep up with that you’d recommend to